Sunday, April 01, 2007

Time for abhisāra......


This morning I remembered a charming līlā of Sādhu Bābā, which I then promptly added to his online hagiography.

"Generally....., Bābā was very frugal with gopī-kathā – he avoided the topic, even when asked about it. Once he sat in front of the straw hut (where I lived myself at the time), surrounded by some disciples, and I asked him about some details of my siddha svarūpa-service. He briefly replied: “Yes, you can do all these things”, and then immediately changed the subject by saying: “Come sakhi, it is time for abhisāra now.” He said this at 11 in the morning, when Rādhā-Kṛṣṇa go out daily to meet Each other (abhisāra). Basically, he instructed me fully on these things on the day he gave me siddha praṇāli and practically never again."

One may then argue: "Well, you've been serving us plenty of gopī-kathā yourself recently (the Kṛṣṇa Bhāvanāmṛta reviews) - perhaps you should follow suit!"

Yes that is true. This will be an exception, though. I think I owe these corrections and additions to Kṛṣṇa Bhāvanāmṛta to those who faithfully study my English publication of the same. When you say A you must say B too. As a rule, though, I will be frugal, too, with gopī-kathā on the worldwide web....

The anecdote is added to page 41 of Sādhu Bābā's biography, at linktab 'Nikunja Gopal Gosvami' of http://www.madangopal.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment